Well finally! This is a big update featuring various code improvements and also much better compression ratios:
- Complete rewrite of all coding routines
- Added some developer options for you to fiddle around
The compression routines are a bit more complex now and feature a combination of huffman, LZ and VLI (variable length integer) coding. Be aware that this still has to be thoroughly tested. If you happen to find a bug, please contact me.
The new developer options are the following:
- Maximum LZ count [-lc?]: decrease for more speed, but also worse compression.
- Maximum LZ distance [-ld?]: increasing slows down, but (typically!) improves compression.
- LZH block size [-lb?]: decrease for less memory consumption and more adaptivity (which might not always be a good thing), increase for more memory consumption and less adaptivity.